Are you overwhelmed by the many options available? Is navigating the internet, advertisements in the newspaper, and direct mail pieces a challenge for you? The Audiologists of Professional Hearing Services recommend:
1. Find a provider that is able to educate you on your hearing loss and offer you information and choices on what products will best meet your personal needs, goals and lifestyles.
2. Understand, there is not a one size fits all device that is right for everyone.
3. Stay with the major manufacturers of hearing aids. This will give you a quality device, proven to be effective and reliable because it has gone through extensive research and testing. The major manufacturers are ReSound, Oticon, Starkey, Phonak, Signia, and Widex.
4. Remember, digital technology is the standard in hearing aids and analog devices have become obsolete.
5. Your provider should check your insurance to determine if you have coverage for hearing aids.